Monday, October 20, 2014

Rotary Club president accidentally bought gimp suit when ordering merman costume

David Cavel, president of Whitstable Rotary Club, thought he was buying a merman costume but accidentally bought a full-length gimp suit.



The 71-year-old bought the black, full-length latex suit to promote a sponsored swim for Kent Air Ambulance – his chosen charity of the year. But when he showed his daughter Piroska, she informed him he had mistakenly bought a gimp costume instead.

Unknown to him, the tight, rubber attire is more commonly used in sado-masochistic sex sessions. David said: "She burst out laughing as soon as she saw it and said 'Dad, that's what they call a gimp suit!'



"I didn't know what it was but when she told me I thought it accounted for the odd emails I've been sent since I bought it." However, the innocent mix-up proved not to be a total disaster as David's artistic wife Marika managed to create a merman outfit by cutting the suit in half and decorating the tail. David has since been wearing the suit in training for the sponsored swim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All right, I'll ask the obvious question:

So how did his daughter happen to know this? I mean, I consider myself fairly well exposed (usually via pics) to assorted weirdnesses, and I'd never heard of a "gimp suit."

Lurker111

Anonymous said...

Pulp Fiction. American Horror Story. Etc